Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Synopsis

My lingerie designs in this line will take inspiration from my last line through the use of colour, texture and materials used. The crystal element will remain strong and the main focus, however I want the aesthetics of the garments to be important as well. I am taking inspiration from the colours and textures used in the film Marie Antoinette to emulate the feminine and lavish visions that present themselves in the film through costume design and interior decoration. My lingerie will be focused on making the wearer feel beautiful (as every garment should) and look beautiful as well. Incorporating panelling/ pleats as well as feminine colours creates a contrast in elements and therefore makes the garment eye catching. 6 of the designs will use beads and other materials to emulate the look of crystals and the last 2 will be eatable and in turn, degradable. This will be achieved by using the crystal formula in my last assignment and moulding it to shape. Therefore the last 2 garments will be special occasion wear. My aim is to achieve the look of high end lingerie but will be affordable for middle market buyers.

No comments:

Post a Comment