Sunday, September 18, 2011

questionnare

My proposed concept for Assignment one was to create a haute couture line made from natural and 'homegrown' products. I wanted something new and intriguing to wear. I started out with the intention to design clothing not for the faint hearted. Meaning that my garments were to 'stimulate the senses' when worn. the idea of crystals came and I felt that I had hit the jackpot. They are both beautiful but brutal and strong-physically. Metaphorically they represent beauty, femininity and high status. I felt that my concept board could have shown the contrasting elements to my designs better but I felt that the strong element of my silhouettes and the use of crystals were well represented.

The most important elements in my last collection was the initial idea of designing garments that were original and very far fetched. I feel that I have achieved this through the use of growing the majority of my own materials, the material chosen and the overall look of my garments. Along with the way the body interacts with the garment. another signature look of my collection is the contrasting elements of the hard crystals to the soft feminine fabric and colours chosen.

No comments:

Post a Comment